All arriving guests should check-in at the Wedgwood House (111
West Bridge Street, Rt. 179, New Hope, between 3 pm and 9:30 pm (7:30 pm on Saturdays) EST or by pre-arranged time. Leave your bags in the car and Ring
Doorbell for Service. Call 215-862-2343 if you will be arriving after we close for special instructions.
We are open 7 days a week, all year 'round. Please call in advance and make an appointment to preview our Inn.
For bus service from NYC to New Hope, view www.transbridgebus.com
comfortable express bus ride from NYC: 90 minutes and 9,000 light
years from the city. New Hope is a comfortable cosmopolitan seaside
village, no need whatsoever for a car. We strolled the art
galleries and boutiques, hiked the canal towpath and even took the
mule–drawn barge ride and the steam train ride too. The Inn has
a great location — thanks for the car ride to the bus stop; we
bought too much stuff to walk to it."
Bonita and Maurice, Brooklyn
(Always consult a map)
From New York and North including Newark Int'l Airport:
- Take either Route 80 West to Morristown or Route 78 West to Somerville (NJ).
- Take Route 287 South toward Somerville.
- Follow signs to Flemington, Route 202 South and exit.
- Proceed approximately 12 miles to a traffic circle; go 1/2 way around and continue on Route 202 South another 12 miles to New Hope Toll Bridge.
Cross Toll Bridge ($.75) and continue straight into Pennsylvania
to first traffic light (Sugan Road);
Make Left at light;
Make Left 1 block at next traffic light (West Bridge
Street/County Road 179);
Proceed north on West Bridge Street, past church and school.
Slow down and prepare to turn right'
Make Right at yellow blinking light into Wedgwood Inn/Umpleby
House, 111 West Bridge Street, New Hope, Pa. 18938-1401.
Aaron Burr House is 2 doors down on the Left, corner Chestnut
Street at 80 West Bridge Street, New Hope, Pa. 18938.
From Long Island, including JFK Int'l and Staten Island:
- Verrazano Bridge to 440 South to Outer Bridge to Route 287 North to Somerville to Route 202 South to Flemington (continue as above).
From Philadelphia and South including Phil Int'l Airport:
- Take I-95 North to New Hope, exit 51.
- Turn left at the end of the exit ramp.
- This is Taylorsville Road. Continue 5 miles to stop sign.
- This is River Road (Route 32). Turn left at stop sign.
- Proceed North on Route 32 app. another 5 miles into the village of New Hope.
- Make a left at our one and only traffic light and proceed to the Wedgwood; the big blue Victorian house on the top of hill, left side.
hours from Baltimore to New Hope – an easy drive up I–95,
and the last 10 minutes up scenic and curvy River Road was a
relaxful prelude to entering the enchanted town of New Hope
around the last bend in the road."
|| Jana and Danielle, Baltimore, MD
From points West:
- PA Turnpike East to Route 611 North (Willow Grove exit)
- Proceed to Route 202 North to Route 179 North.
- The Wedgwood will be on the right, just after a school and large field
(on the left).
Guest Rooms |
Local Attractions |
Specials & Packages
Awards and Accolades |
Check Availability |
Guest Comments |